Monday 8 December 2014

BBC Panorama documentary deeply irresponsible, says Mazher Mahmood




The BBC pulled the scheduled documentary with minutes to go on Monday night, citing new information from Mahmood’s lawyers delivered just 90 minutes before transmission. Mahmood’s letter denies this, accusing the BBC of issuing “misleading” statements. He also criticised the BBC’s behaviour since Panorama’s allegations were put to him in October, saying that its executives “publicised the fact that their programme will condemn me, called me a ‘crook’ and tweeted mocking messages.”
In my opinion, I think that Mahmood had all the reasons in the world to be accusing the BBC for pledging to broadcast about his career as an investigate journalist. He called the documentary “extremely revealing” and “squarely in the public interest”. I think that his point of view is understandable as he was exposed and no one deserves that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment